Monday 20 October 2008

Day 4 in the yogi brother house - October 07

So...I made it past day 1 which was pretty challenging, and I'm still standing tall and have been broken yet. It's a bit like yoga bootcamp here. More than half of the class are yoga teachers or training to be teachers and the rest have been practicing for more than a few years, so it's definitely keeping me on my toes. The teachers are truly incredible, totally breaking down any pre-conceptions that you have of teaching and teaching you to teach yourself. I won't wax lyrical about the yoga classes too much as it will mean very little to most of you and i can see you skipping to the end of this mail as I write. If you want to hear more send me a mail...

I'm in Rajpur at the moment and have seen relatively little of the outside world apart from the walk up the hill to the yoga school, and the locals who go about their lives as a bunch of yogis walk around in their back gardens. Rajpur is a stunning, peaceful place in the mountains and has a lovely mixed community of Hindu, Sikh and Muslim Indians and quite a few Tibetans too.

I can think of very little else but what position my toes and shoulder blades should be in at the moment so am going to sign off. I'll mail you on the other side!

No comments: